Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Feeling Blessed

This past month has been amazing for me. I feel blessed in finding new friends and reconnecting with old. I've had a great time going out and getting to know two AMAZING women from my little girl's kindergarten class. Moms who I can learn from and who inspire me. It's funny, I feel like I've known them for much longer than I have. The are funny, laid back and incredibly accepting. I'll be joining one in a bible study group that I am so looking forward to!
I've also been able to spend more time with another friend who invited me to a mom's group at her church. I decided to go, though in the past I've struggled with my beliefs about religion and churches in particular. I've always been spiritual, just never connected. I felt so welcomed at the group and inspired by the brief words a mentor mom spoke, I decided I to go to the Sunday service. We went as a family, and again I felt welcome and inspired. These friends are important in our lives and I look forward to spending more time with them.
And then Facebook popped up. I never thought to even look into it...then I checked it out just for fun. I have reconnected with so many people from my past. In particular, my friends from high school who I treated poorly when I fell in love with my fixer. At 16 we had a hormone fueled obsession with each other that left no room for others. Through Facebook I've been able to reach out to some of the friends and say...hello, I've grown up, do you forgive me?
My Washington b/f just returned from vaccation and now I get to spend more time with her! Thank you for my necklace marathon chick! (I think that will be your blog name from now on!)
But through all my blessings of friendship, I am missing one terribly. You know who you are. My Colorado friend. Too far away. I miss you.

No comments: